The Oak Creek Civic Center has 7 meeting rooms, 8 study rooms and 1 tutor room available for rent. All rooms are scheduled on a first come, first served basis, with priority being given to Oak Creek City staff and Oak Creek residents. Rooms can be reserved Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. (the building is closed on Sundays).
Meeting room applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the meeting date, but no more than 90 days for residents of Oak Creek and no more than 30 days for non-residents. Meeting rooms are not reserved until an application, with payment, is submitted and approved.
Study/tutor rooms can be reserved up to a week in advance or at the time of the reservation (depending on availability). Study/Tutor room use is limited to a max of 4 hours per day.
To reserve a room, please call 414-766-7900, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in at the library at the 2nd floor Service Desk.
I Want to Find Out More About….Click Room Name to View More Information
|Multi-Purpose Room||125||Multi-Purpose||Dual Projectors, Blu-ray/DVD Player, Microphone|
|Story Time Room||55||Children||Projector, Blu-ray/DVD Player|
|Technology Training Lab||18||Technology||Projector, Blu-ray/DVD Player|
|Tower Conference Room||25||Conference||Dual-Monitor Conference Call Equipment including Speakerphone|
|Lake Vista Conference Room||15||Conference||Dual-Monitor Conference Call Equipment including Speakerphone|
|Heritage & Delphi Conference Rooms||10||Conference||Display Screen and Conference Call Equipment including Speakerphone|
|Business Center||10||Conference||Display Screen|
|Study Rooms 5-7||6||Group Study||Not Available|
|Study Rooms 1-4||3||Study / Tutor||Not Available|
|Yellow Tutor Room||3||Study / Tutor||Not Available|
Meeting Room Details
Perfect for larger events, celebrations, lectures and performances – this room is located in the lobby of the Civic Center. Its 200 person capacity can hold 150 chairs for a lecture event or 120 with tables (rectangular) and chairs for a more formal event. The room also has a full kitchen adjacent for use. Kitchen amenities include refrigerator, sink, stove/oven and ample counter space. Technological amenities available in the Multi-purpose room are dual projectors with HDMI/VGA input, Blu-ray/DVD player and microphone. In order to use the technology in the room there is a $20.00 fee (paid once per year) to view the Technology Training Videos.
Story Time Room *only available for Service Groups*
This large space located in the Library’s Children’s Department accommodates 55 seated people along with 10 rectangular tables. Perfect for messy activities, the room has an easy to clean floor and child-height sink. The room is equipped with a projector with HDMI/VGA input and a Blu-ray/DVD player.
Technology Training Lab
With generous space and privacy, this room is suitable for a company or organization needing a classroom-like setting. There are 9 two-person six foot work stations for a total seating capacity of 18 – which allows ample space to spread out with your laptop and books/etc. This room is located on the South end of the 2nd floor of the Library. The room is equipped with a projector with HDMI/VGA input and a Blu-ray/DVD player. In order to use the technology in the room there is a $20.00 fee (paid once per year) to view the Technology Training Videos.
Tower Conference Room
Located in the Civic Center lobby, this executive meeting room offers a 25 person room capacity with seating for 15 around the oval board room table. The room is equipped with a dual-monitor HDMI/VGA input and conference call equipment including a speakerphone. In order to use the technology in the room there is a $20.00 fee (paid once per year) to view the Technology Training Videos.
Lake Vista Conference Room
Located in the Civic Center lobby, this executive meeting room offers a 15 person room capacity with seating for 12 around the oval board room table. The room is equipped with a dual-monitor HDMI/VGA input and conference call equipment including a speakerphone. In order to use the technology in the room there is a $20.00 fee (paid once per year) to view the Technology Training Videos.
Heritage & Delphi Conference Rooms
These standard meeting rooms are located in the Civic Center lobby. Each room has a seating capacity of 10 people around an oval board room table. These rooms allow for a more personal meeting space and are equipped with a HDMI/VGA input display screen and conference call equipment including a speakerphone. In order to use the technology in the room there is a $20.00 fee (paid once per year) to view the Technology Training Videos.
Additional Meeting Room Rental Information
- Contact the Oak Creek Public Library to check room availability:
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By phone: 414-766-7900
- In person: 8040 S. 6th St., Oak Creek, WI 53154
- A refundable deposit must be submitted the day of the room reservation, and can be paid with credit card or cash.
- Facilities are reserved on an “as is” basis. Renter is responsible for any damage to the room. The library may assess additional charges for damage or cleaning if necessary.
- Equipment, supplies, or other products belong to private groups may not be stored in the facility prior to or after the rental. The library assumes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- Cancellations require 48 hours advance notice, or fees may be subject to forfeiture. The reservation is not transferable to others.
- Applications must be submitted by adults age 21 or older. Minors must be supervised in the room by 1 adult for every 15 minors. Library staff will not be held responsible for the supervision of minors.
- Decorations must have prior approval. Confetti, rice and glitter are prohibited. Use of candles or other flammable material is prohibited.
- Refreshments served must be approved in advance by library staff. No alcoholic beverages are to be served unless prior authorization has been given and proper permits gathered.
- Rental events must be considerate of the Oak Creek Civic Center patrons and activities. The Civic Center staff have the authority to terminate any meeting disruptive to Civic Center operations. Any group asked to leave during an event because of violations of the rules forfeits the rental fees and deposits.
- All users are expected to review the Oak Creek Civic Center Meeting Rooms Policy prior to submitting a rental request.
Technology Training Videos
These videos give step-by-step instructions on how to use the technology in the various meeting rooms. To access these videos you must pay the $20.00 Technology Instruction Fee (once per year) – you will then be given a password to view all of the videos.
Study/Tutor Room Details
Located on the 2nd floor of the library, this space offers an 8 foot conference table along with seating for 10 people. Ideal for a training session, this room is equipped with a HDMI input display screen. There is no fee to use the technology in this room.
Study Rooms 5-7
These rooms, located on the 2nd floor of the library on the West side of the building, offer a 6 foot table with seating for 6 people. Intended for group study sessions, these rooms do not have any technology available.
Study Rooms 1-4
The 1-2 person study rooms are ideal for individual or 2 person studying/tutoring. These rooms are located on the 2nd floor of the library on the East side of the building and do not have any technology available.
Yellow Tutor Room
The yellow tutor room is located on the 1st floor of the library in the Children’s Department. This room is intended for use by children/adults with children. Perfect for concentrating on homework or tutoring, this room seats 1-2 people. There is no technology available in this room.