Are you looking for a job and are having trouble determining where to begin? Come in to the Oak Creek Library and checkout the different services we have available for job seekers.
Rooms and Technology
On the second floor of the Library there are 4 individual-three person capacity study rooms available. Rooms can be reserved up to a week in advance, or on the same day. Call 414-766-7900 or stop in at the 2nd Floor Service desk to make a reservation.
To get more information on the rooms available, go to the Meeting & Study Rooms page.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the building – there is no password required.
There are 12 computers for adults on the second floor. A valid Milwaukee County Library card is required, a max of 3 hours of computer use per day.
Printing/copying is $.15 per page for black and white, $.30 per page for color – 8.5” x 11” paper ONLY. Scanning to an e-mail address or a flash drive is free.
Books and Newspapers
Oak Creek Library offers a variety of print materials that can help with everything from creating a resume, to general job search advice, to specific field test prep. Some examples include*:
• “Step-by-step resumes: build an outstanding resume in 10 easy steps!” by Evelyn U. Salvador
• “The quarter-life breakthrough: invent your own path, find meaningful work, and build a life that matters” by Adam Smiley Poswolsky
• “250 best-paying jobs” by Michael Farr and Laurence Shatkin
• “TEAS V prep : strategies, practice & review” published by Kaplan
• “ASVAB : strategies, practice & review” published by Kaplan
Learning Express Career Center provides a completely interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series designed to prepare you for the workforce. Within the Career Center you can:
• Learn more about a career
• Prepare for an entrance exam
• Prepare for an occupation exam
• Join the military or become an officer
• Learn more about a profession by performing a job search and viewing the workplace skills
• Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessments and TOEIC
Take classes to sharpen your technology skills as well as a host of other business, accounting, finance and other entrepreneurship skills with Gale Courses. A valid Milwaukee County Library card is required.