Are you looking for a job and are having trouble determining where to begin? Come in to the Oak Creek Library and checkout the different services we have available for job seekers.
Rooms, Technology and Equipment
The Oak Creek Civic Center has a multitude of rooms available for use. Study rooms are free to use for up to 4 hours per day (1-8 people). The study rooms do not have any technology in the room, except for the Business Center which has a monitor that can be hooked up using HDMI/VGA cables. Study rooms can be booked up to a week in advance. To get more information on the rooms available, go to the Study Rooms page.
WiFi is available throughout the building—no password required.
There are 12 computers for adults on the 2nd floor. A valid Milwaukee County Library card is required, a max of 3 hours of computer use per day.
Printing/copying is .15¢ per page for black and white, .30¢ per page for color—8.5” x 11” paper ONLY. Scanning to an e-mail address or a flash drive is free.
Books and Newspapers
Oak Creek Library offers a variety of print materials that can help with everything from creating a resume, to general job search advice, to specific field test prep. Some examples include*:
• “How to Write a Stellar Executive Resume: 50 Tips to Reaching Your Job Target” by Brenda Bernstein
• “The Quarter-life Breakthrough: Invent Your Own Path, Find Meaningful Work, and Build a Life that Matters” by Adam Smiley Poswolsky
• “Blitzscaling: The Lightning-fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Businesses” by Reid Hoffman
• And more…
Learning Express Career Center provides a completely interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series designed to prepare you for the workforce. Within the Career Center you can:
• Learn more about a career
• Prepare for an entrance exam
• Prepare for an occupation exam
• Join the military or become an officer
• Learn more about a profession by performing a job search and viewing the workplace skills
• Prepare for the WorkKeys Assessments and TOEIC
Take classes to sharpen your technology skills as well as a host of other business, accounting, finance and other entrepreneurship skills with Gale Courses. A valid Milwaukee County Library card is required.
Brainfuse JobNow provides live interactive online help combined with online resources to guide you through the tasks necessary to get a job. Resources found here will help prepare you for an interview and to write a great resume.
Udemy Business offers on-demand video courses in the areas of business, tech, and personal development across 75+ different categories. Learners receive a certificate of completion when the video course is finished.