The library building is currently closed to the public. We offer Curbside Pick Up services during normal hours of operation. Library hours and a full list of remote services can be found below.
Dear Oak Creek Community,
During the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, we are committed to providing meaningful and impactful services the safest way we can. As the health crisis intensifies in our community, the Oak Creek Public Library will return to Curbside Pick Up and virtual services beginning Saturday, November 28. The Library building will not be open to the public, and no in-person services will be available. We look forward to continuing to serve you through our many virtual programs and Curbside service options.
Library staff have been working tirelessly to continue to improve and enhance the services we can offer both via Curbside and remotely, so the options that our patrons have will look different than they did this spring. Our book drop will remain open 24/7 and library staff will be available to assist you during all service hours. You will be able to place requests for items belonging to other libraries. Librarians will be available to provide telephone or virtual reference services, and no appointments will be necessary for Curbside Pick Up. For more information, read about our services below.
Library staff remains committed to providing service while doing what we can to keep the community safe. Thank you for your understanding as we strive to offer important and engaging services. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Oak Creek Public Library
Curbside Pick Up
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
*Last request taken 10 minutes before close.*
How it works:
- Search for items in CountyCat.
- Once you find an item you’d like, place a hold.
- Once you receive a notification that items are ready for pickup, use our Curbside Pick Up service to get out your items.
For assistance with reading recommendations, where a librarian will select titles for you or your child based on interest, please fill out the Library Materials Request Form. You can also use this form to request board games, magazines, and more.
To request non-library materials like crafts and prints, please fill out the Non-library Materials Request Form. Staff will collect your items and send you a notification as soon as they are available for pick up.
If you have just arrived at the library and you are ready to pick up your holds, click here to check in.
Current services include:
- Contact-free Curbside Pick Up service of requested materials, no appointments required
- Book a Librarian Appointments for one-on-one help with a librarian *COMING SOON*
- Mobile print requests, 3D print requests (printing costs will be added to your library account)
- 24/7 book drop access (all items are quarantined for 3 days and then backdated when checked in)
- Virtual programs and classes
- Telephone and email reference (call 414 766-7900 or email email@example.com)
- Librarian Picks and Book Bundles requests
- Board game, video game, and magazine requests
- Program kits, craft kits, and puzzle requests
Give us a call or explore our website to learn more!
Visit Us Online:
- Virtual programs for children, teens, and adults
- E-books, E-audiobooks, and more
- Get study help with HelpNow (Brainfuse)
- Get job help with JobNow (Brainfuse)
- Take a class or learn a new skill with Gale Courses
- Learn a new language with Transparent Language
- Or check out any of our other databases, which include Auto Repair Source, Badgerlink, Business Source Premier, and more!
Follow us on any of our social media platforms as we upload new information, host virtual programming, give librarian recommendations, and more.
NEED TO RENEW YOUR CARD OR PAY A FINE?
If you have never registered for a library card before, you can apply for a new one here.
If you already have a card and just need to renew it, you can do so here.
Learn how to pay a fine online here!
Thank you for your understanding as Oak Creek Public Library staff continues to strive to provide you with fast, enjoyable, and safe services during this unprecedented time.
HOW LONG WILL THIS BE FOR?
We do not know at this time how long we will be unable to have the public inside the library. Given the transmission rate and critical COVID burden in Oak Creek and surrounding communities, it is no longer safe to be open to the public.
CAN I GET STUFF FROM OTHER LIBRARIES?
Yes. Curbside service will look a little different than it did in the spring because you’ll be able to place requests for materials like normal—via CountyCat, using the CountyCat app, or calling a librarian for assistance at (414) 766-7900. We’ll continue to get daily deliveries from across Milwaukee County, so your holds will be filled as efficiently as possible.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO CURBSIDE?
We are also working hard to meet as many needs as we can. See above for a brief list of all the services and activities the library is offering even while the building is closed. Don’t see something listed? Call or email us and we will do our best to serve your needs.
WHAT ABOUT WHEN IT’S SNOWY AND COLD?
Unless weather conditions become unsafe for our staff, we will continue to provide Curbside Pick Up.
WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THE ITEMS I HAVE AT HOME ALREADY?
You should continue to return and renew items like normal! Contact us for any of your library needs.