Monday – Thursday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Don’t want to come inside the building? Use Curbside Pick Up instead:
- Search for items in CountyCat.
- Once you find an item you’d like, place a hold.
- Once you receive a notification that items are ready for pickup, use our Curbside Pick Up service to get your items.
For assistance with reading recommendations, where a librarian will select titles for you or your child based on interest, please fill out the Library Materials Request Form. You can also use this form to request board games, magazines, and more.
To request non-library materials like tax forms and prints, please fill out the Non-library Materials Request Form. Staff will collect your items and send you a notification as soon as they are available for pick up.
If you have just arrived at the library and you are ready to pick up your holds, click here to check in.
Need to know:
Oak Creek Public Library is dedicated to serving our community with access to vital resources – for leisure, learning, employment, and more – in a manner that is safe and allows our community to connect and heal. We have spent time determining how best to do that, from reworking services to removing furniture. Safety remains our top priority.
We ask that you do not come to the library if you or a family member are sick. Masks are mandatory for all patrons and staff 5 years of age and older. Patrons are also being asked to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others and to wash and sanitize their hands regularly. For our complete COVID-19 Policy, please visit www.oakcreeklibrary.org/policies.
Currently, patrons are allowed inside the library for a total of 60 minutes per day. They may use this time to browse the collection and to pick up holds. A limited number of computers are available for use on the second floor. Printing, copying, and scanning self service is also available. Reference staff are here to answer questions and provide assistance.
Current services include:
- Contact-free Curbside Pick Up service of requested materials during library hours, no appointments required
- Take Out Service – quick browsing and checkout only
- Reference assistance
- Computers (limited access)
- Wireless Internet
- Mobile WiFi Hotspots
- Self service printing, copying, and scanning
- Mobile print requests, 3D print requests (printing costs will be added to your library account)
- 24/7 book drop access (all items are quarantined and then backdated when checked in)
- Take Out programs and virtual classes
- Telephone and email reference (call 414 766-7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Librarian Picks and Book Bundles requests
- Board game, video game, and magazine requests
- Tax form, BookPage, and puzzle requests
A few things we cannot offer right now:
- Games, toys, or play areas for children
- Sitting, gathering, or socializing
- Study Rooms
- Programming spaces like the Gaming Room or Story Time Room
- Friends of the Oak Creek Public Library Book Sale
- Puzzle Exchange
- Drinking fountains
- Quiet Reading Room
- Civic Center public meeting room rentals
Give us a call or explore our website to learn more!
Visit us online:
- Take Out and virtual programs for children, teens, and adults
- E-books, E-audiobooks, and more
- Get study help with HelpNow (Brainfuse)
- Get job help with JobNow (Brainfuse)
- Take a class or learn a new skill with Gale Courses
- Learn a new language with Transparent Language
- Or check out any of our other databases, which include Auto Repair Source, Badgerlink, Business Source Premier, and more!
We’ll send you monthly news about our upcoming programs, new books, and other library services! We will also be able to send you important information regarding service changes, building updates, and more. Click here to subscribe.
Follow us on any of our social media platforms as we upload new information, host virtual programming, give librarian recommendations, and more.
WANT TO RENEW YOUR CARD OR PAY A FINE?
If you have never registered for a library card before, you can apply for a new one here.
If you already have a card and just need to renew it, you can do so here.
Learn how to pay a fine online here!
Thank you for your understanding as Oak Creek Public Library staff continues to strive to provide you with fast, enjoyable, and safe services during this unprecedented time.
HOW LONG WILL THIS BE FOR?
We do not know at this time how long our services will be limited given the transmission rate and COVID burden in Oak Creek and surrounding communities.
CAN I GET STUFF FROM OTHER LIBRARIES?
Yes. You are able to place requests for materials like normal—via CountyCat, using the CountyCat app, calling a librarian for assistance at (414) 766-7900, or visiting one of our service desks. We’ll continue to get daily deliveries from across Milwaukee County, so your holds will be filled as efficiently as possible.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO CURBSIDE?
We are working hard to meet as many needs as we can. See above for a brief list of all the services and activities the library is currently offering. Don’t see something listed? Call or email us and we will do our best to serve your needs.
WHAT ABOUT WHEN IT’S SNOWY AND COLD?
Unless weather conditions become unsafe for our staff, we will continue to provide Curbside Pick Up.