We are thrilled to welcome you back inside the library for “Take Out” beginning Monday, July 6!
Oak Creek Public Library is dedicated to serving our community with access to vital resources – for leisure, learning, employment, and more – in a manner that is safe and allows our community to connect and heal. We have spent time over the past few weeks determining how best to do that, from reworking services to removing furniture.
We can’t wait to see you!
Hours of Operation | Effective July 6
Monday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Safety is our top priority!
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces regularly
- Wearing masks, when possible, while assisting you
- Washing and sanitizing our hands regularly
- Not working if sick
- Enforcing a limited capacity in the building, as well as physical distancing by visitors and staff
We ask that you:
- Do not come to the library if you or a family member are sick
- Wear a mask when you are at the library, if you are able
- Limit the duration of your visit
- Keep your distance from others while here
- Wash and sanitize your hands regularly
Recognizing that COVID-19 is still affecting our community, the library will look different for the next few months.
We are offering:
- Curbside pickup of requested materials during library hours (NO APPOINTMENT REQUIRED! See below for info.)
- Take Out Service – Quick browsing and checkout only
- Computers (Limited Access)
- Reference assistance
- Printing, Copying, Scanning
- Study Rooms (Limited Access)
- Wireless Internet
- Getting or renewing a library card
A few things we can’t offer right now:
- Games, toys, or play areas for children
- Gaming Room
- Sitting, gathering, or socializing
- Friends of Oak Creek Public Library used book sale
- Inter-Library Loans from outside Milwaukee County
- Drinking fountains
- Quiet Reading Room
- Civic Center public meeting room rentals
We recommend you utilize online and curbside services as much as possible:
- Digital collections
- Virtual programs
- Digital library cards
- Paying fines
- Ask a reference question by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The library will continue to offer Curbside Pick Up. The request/hold button has been turned back on in CountyCat. You may now go ahead and request items on your own! We are receiving deliveries from other libraries, so most materials are able to be requested.
Here is the new process for our curbside service:
- Search for items in CountyCat.
- Once you find an item you’d like, place a hold.
- Once you receive a notification that items are ready for pickup, use our Curbside Pick Up service or stop in and check out your items.
- Need an item that isn’t in the catalog, like tax forms, puzzles, 3D prints, crafts, or board games? Use this form to request those items.
- PLEASE NOTE: As of July 6, Curbside Pick Up has moved to the west side of the library building (on S. 6th Street).
Summer Reading Program
This year we’re taking our summer reading program and moving it online! Sign up online through Beanstack and experience the great programs for all ages, full of opportunities for fun and learning.
You can register online here or you can also use the Beanstack app! Download the Beanstack app and search for Oak Creek Public Library. Registration is open now through August 15!